Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A serious DUH moment!

I was sitting here writing calmly in my blog about nothing and wondering what I could do to add more to it. I mean, after a year of writing (year, really 1 year this month - WOW!) I should have something NEW to add in here. And, I had the quintessential DUH moment (picture me in Homer drag smacking my forehead...).

Please note a few things and I'm sure you'll see where I'm heading here...
  • My user moniker is "christian mom"
  • The name of this blog is "Reason and Light" with light referring to God.
  • I have biblical quotes assaulting you as soon as you hit the site.
  • I try to post uplifting, positive posts and requests for comments/help when I am out of my own happiness.
  • Swearing is definitely not allowed in here, with the worst thing I've really said being "butt".
  • Moments for Myself quotes that are usually about God or the peace of spirituality.
And, with all this in mind, you will not see a single REAL Prayer Request in this blog. WHAT?? Seriously? I do have some posts for "power of prayer" but no real, outright requests. For me, for family, for close friends, for world leaders - for anything or anyone. Really? goofy girl...

So, for my initial prayer request, I'm going to point you to my young friend Katlyn....

*******************
Katlyn has been ill for sometime (several YEARS in fact) and will be going to the Mayo Clinic this Saturday with her mom, Tina. [Background: Tina and I worked together just before the boys were born. She and her family, especially her daughters, brought me back to God and to Cedar Ridge Christian Church, so this whole family is very important to me and my family!]

Please pray for Katlyn and Tina as they travel to Minnesota for an undetermined period of time to hopefully get answers and healing. May God bless their time together as mother and daughter as well. Also, please pray for Bil and their other children as they remain in KC and await answers from here (which might be even harder). Please pray for the doctors and nurses as well as the testing technicians - anyone who will come into contact with this amazing young woman and have a hand in her diagnosis - and pray that y at least find a REASON for her illness, if not an outright cure.

You can check out more of Katlyn's story at her Caring Bridge site. You might sign her guest log and let her know you are praying as well - even if you don't know her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, this is amazing! Thank you so much for this amazing, strong prayer request. I cannot explain how much it means to me. My situation is hard, but with everyone supporting me like they are it makes things so much easier. Thank you for everyone who's helped me get this far, and especially you Terese. I love you guys, and am just overwhelmed with gratitude towards you all. Thank you!