Monday, March 10, 2008

Man Day

Sunday morning, we had a really great family discussion around 8am (which was really 9am - forgot to reset the clocks and I was late for KidStuf rehearsal - oops!).

I was doing my hair and makeup and the boys were cuddling with Joe on the big bed. Our talk went something like this:

Tom: "I know...you're going to church. Right mommy?"

Me: "Yep - always!"

Tom: "Does that mean we need to go?"

Me: "Only if Daddy brings you, cuz I have to sing..." (looking askance at Joe hoping he'd take the bait)

Joe: "Fat chance."

Me: "So, no then." and I went into the hall to have a little pout where the boys couldn't see me.

Tom (still in with Joe): "YES!"

Me: silent, pouting at Tom as I come back in.

Tom, exuberantly: "It's MAN DAY"

All 3 boys/men: "YES YES YES. It's MAN day! We are MEN and it's OUR day!"

Me: "But...it's MY birthday..." *pouting again*

-short silence -

Tom: "Oh. Well, maybe we'll do something when you come back. But, today is MAN day first!"

Me: *sigh*

No comments: