Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Inspiring others leaves me inspired

I started a blog after reading my coworker Ramsey's blog (www.acrosstheboardblog.com) and wanting do something a little more "positive". [No offense meant Ramz! I love your blog, there's just some 'controversial' items on there that got me wanting to throw out something more positive to counter-balance occasionally!]

I currently get further inspiration from Amanda for my health and mental state (runtothefinish.blogspot.com - look for her 'attitude of gratitude' thoughts!), from Cara for looking at kids and life in a POSITIVE light (allaboutthelittlethings.blogspot.com - I love the little "What Tassie ate today" bits) as well as well as from the insanely up-to-date world of Heidi (www.heidichronicles.com - be sure to read backwards sometimes as she WILL back-blog to keep things up to date!). I also just found a bevy of blogs from the moms at my church that I am finding SOO informative, enlightening and just down-right funny (look on my blog for the list of "mommy blogs I read" if you want all their links).

Now, originally, my blog was just going to be my world and a private "journal" type thing. I honestly didn't think I'd ever really share it or have *gasp* followers. But, I DO! 17 at least, according to my feedburner thingy. WOW - who ARE you people?? :)

And, because of my accountability blog (2008accountability.blogspot.com) I have apparently inspired two close friends of mine to blog as well! Not just as team members on the accountability blog, but also on their own, about their kids, hubbies, job and lives. WOW! So, I gotta give call-outs to them here:

Teri (theknedlerclan.blogspot.com) is my oldest friend. I don't mean she's old (she's my age, sheesh!) but that we've known each other for a VERY long time - since 2nd grade (that's 26 years for those who want to know). We've been through SO MUCH in those years, and I'm sure you'll hear more about them here and there through these blogs and posts from both of us. We did lose contact for a good 10 years between high school and growing up (that's an even LONGER story) but she found me and we've been close again ever since! It only bums me out that she lives all the way in Ohio and we NEVER get to see each other!

Kim (berlygirl.blogspot.com) is one of my dearest friends - one of those friends you may not talk to for long periods of time, but as soon as either of you really need someone, they're there. We've been friends since we worked at Mac Tools in '94, so 14 years. (just did that math for the first time and WOW!). She was my maid-of-honor and was stunning in black and I got to wear a yellow dress down the aisle for her (SOOOOOO not my color, but anything for the bride). I will state that I taught her all she knows about customer service and phone support. (j/k) and she taught me how to eat pretzels and people watch at the mall. (that one's true!) That Ohio living thing gets in the way with this friendship as well. :(

[OH - BY THE WAY GIRLS - I'M COMING HOME IN JUNE FOR MY COUSIN'S WEDDING - WE NEED TO PLAN SOMETHING!!!]

Now that I have these gals blogging I feel like I have to keep up and keep writing about my mundane life. I have no fascinating journey as Kim will hopefully be sharing with everyone nor do I possess a truly graceful wit like Teri. Yet I have followers and friends. So, for those who are living vicariously through me, I truly wonder about you, but I will try to keep you entertained. Please LEAVE A COMMENT and tell me who you are and WHY you read this blog, so that I can continue to feel inspired! Know that I appreciate each and every one of you and I'll try to be more fun from now on! ;)

No comments: