Tuesday, July 31, 2007

School Registry

Wow - where did July GO??

As today (as I've passed over the Cinderella hour just now) is the last day of July, it just strikes me as odd that it's already this far into summer. And I'm down to just two days before my little boys are fully registered for Kindergarten!

Thursday evening I have to go to the school and turn in the final paperwork - birth certificates, health records, etc. In two weeks, we have a back-to-school bash and a kindergarten open house where we get to meet the teacher. And in just three weeks from yesterday my babies enter the world of public education.

How am I preparing for this wonderful day? Well, I just read a book called "The Third Victim" that featured a school shooting in an elementary school. THAT got me right in the mood...to quit my job and home school my precious angels!

Also, their current day care asked me where they'd be going after school each day. And I had to break their hearts and tell them the boys weren't coming back there. That was hard for lots of reasons. Not the least of which is that these people have spent more time with my kids in the last year and half than I have! But, Joe and I also know that going to the after-school program at the school is going to be a big change for the boys. Especially Thomas. And we're just not sure how the change will affect them.

Anyway, I'm feeling very nostalgic tonight suddenly. So, along those veins, here are some pictures from the past.

No comments: