Saturday, July 07, 2007

Bikini Bread

The first "fruits" of the garden are a half dozen tomatoes, a bucket full of green beans, a dozen squash and seven huge zucchini. These zucchini are, of course, the main ingredient for Bikini Bread.

Small aside here - the boys can't say zucchini all that well, so it comes out as bikini. Hence - Bikini Bread. =)

Emily is helping me make the bread. A single zucchini has produced 4 large loaves and 1 mini-loaf with some leftover! I think we'll make three sets like this, for a total of 12 large loaves and 3 minis. Assuming we have enough of the OTHER ingredients - running a little low on flour right now.

I'm going to take a couple of these to work on Monday and label them Bikini Bread. See if they disappear faster that way. Shh - don't tell Kim!

If anyone is interested in a loaf for themselves, just let me know - I'd love to give it away. Otherwise, it just sits in the freezer or lands on my hips (I ate almost whole loaf by myself in one day a couple years ago - just couldn't stop!).

No comments: