Monday, August 13, 2007

Math Book for GIRLS?

OK - I honestly thought this was going to be some sort of segregation, girls aren't as smart as boys crap. But, when Iread more about it, it seemed really interesting. To the point I'm going to order a copy for my tween girl and see if it helps any with this pesky subject!

Anyway, to give the jist of the item, it's a math book written by Winnie - not "the Pooh". Winnie Cooper, aka Danica McKellar from "The Wonder Years". She's a summa cum laude grad in Mathematics from UCLA. She really WAS the smart girl she portrayed!

Anyway, according to the Wired article, she basically said she's on a mission to help girls see math as something accessible and fun, not scary. I think this is a GREAT idea (cuz I personally was good at math, but never wanted to admit it, lest people think I was more of a freak than they already did)!

So, Emily, if you're reading this - guess what your back-to-school present is going to be...

Give ya one guess and I'm sure you'll be 100% correct! =)

No comments: