Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day of School!

Wow! What an exciting day! Here' the highlights on what they got to do on their first day of school:
  • 15-minute walk (1/2 mile) with both mom AND dad to school
  • Spent time learning the new routine
  • Met new friends in their regular classroom
  • Ate lunch like the big kids do (not all kindergarteners get to do that!)
  • Got reacquainted with some T-Ball friends in "Kindergarten Enrichment"
  • Had TWO recesses - one of which included a "dirt fight" according to Thomas
  • Got picke dup by BOTH mom and dad
  • Had a special "celebratory" dinner

Not a bad first day of school at all! Here's what they looked right, just before we left for the long, hot walk:

And, no, I can't get them to stop looking goofy when I take their picture! Trust me, I'd love to get a picture where they're both looking like sweet, good little boys, but I just don't see that as possible! =)

No comments: