Sunday, October 14, 2007

Elton John @ the Sprint Center!

This was the BEST Elton concert I have attended so far! And after seven, that's saying a lot!

I can't believe the ENERGY this man has at his age (which is 60 for you non-fans). The concert started with an unbelievable rendition of "Funeral for a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding" and just rocked out from there.

Some of the highlights from his 2 .5 hour main set included songs from Madman and Yellow Brick Road, a 20-minute version of Rocket Man, Crocodile Rock, and a killer version of Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting.

His 15-minute encore included signing autographs for the people who had rushed the stage, Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me and (of course) Your Song. (Every one of his concerts that I've seen has ended with Your Song, so I knew we shouldn't leave until he played that.)

I did get to impress my friend with my vast Elton John knowledge, including predicting how he would play Bennie and the Jets (just that single starting chord and then waiting for the noise to die down), and just knowing all the songs except one. He playing a song called "The Bridge" off his The Captain and the Kid album which I have not yet obtained for my vast collection *gasp*. (I shall have to get this, if only for this song - it was WONDERFUL!).

I didn't get some of the best pictures (technically only disposable cameras were allowed, ha!), but here's a few I did get. If I can get some from Ramsey (friend who went with me) I'll post those in the album as well.

My friend's video from the night:

No comments: