Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Couple receives wedding photos after 27 years

Photographer finds album, tracks down bride who couldn’t pay for it in 1980

A couple won't mark their 27th anniversary until Thursday, but they've already received the perfect gift: the wedding pictures they couldn't afford when they married as teenagers.

Their photographer showed up last week at the diner where Karen Cline works and surprised her with a photo album from her big day in 1980.

All these years, the Clines have had just one wedding picture that someone else took, of her walking down the aisle.
I found this an interesting blurb, as I have a tradition with my wedding album. Every year, I take our white album with all the proofs in it and show it to someone who hasn't seen it. I'm not sure how it came about and I'm sure people think I'm nuts for having such a strange ritual. But it always gets a lot of comments and opens some interesting conversations. Beware if you're in my path the day before Thanksgiving; that's when I'll probably have it at work! =)

No comments: