Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there - and to me!

I've come to expect Mother's Day as just another Sunday fighting with my kids, having to make my own dinner, getting plants I don't like (cuz, honestly, I do NOT have a green thumb - it's more black, as in death-causing...) and goofy cards. This year, I was EXTREMELY surprised.

I'm not sure how my hubby did it, but he got the boys to be good ALL weekend! They were amazingly sweet and mostly even-tempered. And all day today, they'd count 1-2-3 and yell "Happy Mother's Day" from whatever room they were in - too darn cute!

My schedule today was highly unexpected too...
  1. Got up early & got ready for church in complete aloneness (read: peace and quiet)

  2. Sang at KidStuf with my 7ups (7th graders & up) - that was just a goof-fest in-and-of itself (I'll have to add a separate post about KidStuf after the season ends next week...)

  3. Enjoyed sitting through church alone - good message by Brian Wright this weekend - of course celebrating moms! Awesome worship (and non-worship) music, too! Our band leads off with a "rock" song most weeks (read: non-secular) and this week they played "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain. Killer sax player and just funny to hear in church!

  4. Came home and "the boys" all came in - hubby from planting veggies in the garden and boys from playing in kiddie pool. They gave me homemade and store cards, cute little "baskets of kisses" the boys made at daycare and a new camera. Yep - a new Sony CyperShot. WHOO HOO!

  5. I was told to stay inside and chill, nap, read, whatever. I started to feel sad that no one wanted to spend time with me then said "wait - time off? I'll take it!!"

  6. Various family members trooped in and out all afternoon while I sat and did nothing. Very nice.

  7. Joe made a leg of lamb at my request. I made the rest of dinner, but it was ALL stuff I wanted (sweet potatoes, cinnamon & butter carrots, King Hawaiian buns, and my lamb), so I didn't belabor that point too much. If I hadn't cooked, I probably would have ended up with asparagus and rice. =)

  8. After dinner, we went and got ice cream at Dairy Queen. I felt the need to try the new waffle bowl sundaes. It was ok, but didn't really hit the spot. Boys were happy with their M&M blizzards - I think they have a new favorite "special"

  9. JOE gave the boys baths and cleaned up the kitchen. Me? I sat on my butt again. like I'm still doing - except now I'm blogging while he's sleeping (has to be up at 4am!)

All in all, it was a very unexpected day in our home - and very very nice! Happy Mommy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo glad you had a wonderful mommies day! You deserve it 100 fold:)

Love Ya!

Teri