Sunday, May 13, 2007

Life is Short...Get a what???

I was rather disappointed in Americans - lawyers especially - when I read this story. Apparently, this law firm feels that not only is it okay to advertise that they're divorce lawyers (can you say "ambulance chasing?"), but it apparently feels the need to advocate for divorce as well!


Personally, having been married for 10+ years, and being a Christian woman, I have a serious problem with this ad. Not the people in it - heck I've seen worse than that. It's the message in there. Basically saying that when things get tough, just move on. Heaven forbid you take your marriage vows seriously and keep trying to make it better. Prayers couldn't help at all, huh? Trusting God has a plan would just be wrong, right?

Anyway, I could go on for a long time here, but I'll let you decide for yourself. BTW - there's a Survey on their link. When I took it, the results at the time were 49% Yes to being offensive, 51% No. That just made me even more sad...
(oh - in case anyone feels the need to use the words "hypocrite" or the like... yes - I freely admit that I did get a divorce. And sometimes I wonder why I got remarried. But, I did get remarried - to the same guy I divorced. And short of a disaster befalling my family, we're in it for the long haul. 10+ years is hard to give up just because "life is short"!)

No comments: