Tuesday, February 03, 2009

On My Coffee Cup #2

THE WAY I SEE IT #299

There is a subtle different between a mission and a promise. A mission is something you strive to accomplish - a promise is something you are compelled to keep. One is individual, the other is shared. When a mission and a promise are one and the same...that's when mountains are moved and races are won.

-- Hala Moddelmog, President and CEO, Susan G. Komen for the Cure
=================================

Another Starbucks coffee cup statement that hit close to home for me. As I am the Sponsorship Accounts (aka Pro Bono Accounts) leader at DEG, I understand the message here very well. I see these wonderful people who not only make a promise to help with cancer research or to help underprivileged children, but who actually make it their life's mission to keep that promise. If each of us choose one cause and promise to make the world better by supporting it and then make it a mission to fulfill that promise, how incredibly better the world might be!

No comments: