Friday, February 06, 2009

HT: Car Wash, Broderick, Fridays, Starbucks, & Weekenders

Since I have time on my hands this afternoon, thought I'd post my 5 happy items now instead of waiting for tonight. Then, maybe I can get to bed earlier. Which is good, since we have an early bball game for the boys then I have to find a way to do the '7 on the 7th" virtual race miles. Kinda nervous on that front!

So - here's today's list:

Automatic Car Washes
I like sitting in my car, in the dark letting the machine clean my car. Even if it is with recycled water. And the new car wash near me has the old-style spinning brushes and long "octopus" flapper thingies. Very childhood-memory inducing. I literally laughed out loud while I was in the car wash today!

Matthew Broderick movies
This afternoon I got to see "Project X" and "War Games". Haven't seen them in SUCH a long time. They're good society-conscious films (for the 80s anyway) and good memories from childhood. Seriously - remember modems where you had to put the handset on the base??

"Shall we play a game?"

Half-Day Fridays
Part of my job schedule allows me to be off at noon on Fridays. Whoo hoo! Some days I go shopping or see movies, others I come home and sleep for a few hours. Today, I got the car washed, read some, watched movies above and just generally decompressed. These hours completely for myself to be used at my discretion allow me to drop off the workweek and gear up for the weekend. Which is nice.

STARBUCKS Mistakes
Today I ordered a triple-shot venti white mocha. Since there's usually 2 shots in a venti, I was really just looking for another shot in it today. However, I think they literally made a TRIPLE VENTI - so, 6 shots. Yeah, 6 shots of espresso this morning in my coffee. No wonder I'm not napping right now! Maybe it's an artificial high I'm on, but it's something I'll remember for future down days - ask for a triple venti! :-)

Weekenders Cartoon
Seems silly I know, but when Travis got up this morning he put on the Weekenders (before breakfast was ready). This is one of the few cartoons my kids watch that I can actually stand to watch. Actually, I like it so much that instead of my typical "Charmed" morning marathon, I put the weekenders on the bedroom TV as well. And laughed out loud while I got ready this morning. Fun!

No comments: