Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Bird bird bird, bird is the word...

Ok - well, maybe I won't be using "bird" as my word of the year, but it was a good way to start the post. :)


A few coworkers/friends (Cara & Amanda) have selected "one little word" to focus on and be motivated by for 2009. I like the idea. I tossed it around for awhile and no matter what word I selected, the same basic idea kept popping back up. So, my word for 2009 will be:
HAPPINESS
I got to thinking about how I'm pretty unhappy a LOT of the time, even when I don't want to be. How very few things in me or my life ever feel or look right to me. But, I can easily find the good in OTHER people and in their lives.

Areas where I want to find true, lasting happiness:
  • With my husband
  • With my children - as a group and as individuals
  • In my job - regardless of what I'm asked or required to do
  • With my friends
  • With my co-workers
  • With a church

I don't know yet exactly how I'm going to go about doing this, but at least I have a focus point now! Details on life changes will be forthcoming!

1 comment:

The Knedler Clan said...

I love the fact you've chosen a word of the year! I have thought of doing the same thing. I follow another blog www.messycanvas.com and she chooses a word for the year. But there are so many to choose from. How do I pick the right one to focus on? Yours is happiness, hers is imperfect. Both would cover me in a heartbeat, but they don't feel right. Got any ideas?