Saturday, February 23, 2008

Handbag Hygiene

I got an email from my grandfather and thought this might be a good way to pass on the information to other women, mommies and concerned people. Apparently the original story came out awhile back from a news station in Utah but it's the first time I've seen this (email I got was pretty much the news story with some personal "additions" from various senders over time). Be sure to follow the link and read the story (or the rest of this won't make much sense)!

Please think of this not only for purses, but also for backpacks, gym bags, briefcases and laptop bags. Also, they never mention putting diaper bags on changing tables - that one always bugged me when the boys were babies!

And please, don't get me started on cell phones. I ran across a bunch of those stories as well and I just can't bear to think of it...

It's all really gross if you stop and think about it -- which I'm trying hard NOT to do! Please excuse me while I go find the Lysol wipes...
======================================

Here's one way to keep it off the floor and the tables: Get a "Purse Hook". I'm thinking they'll make great Christmas presents for everyone I know this year (last year was Key Finders...)!
http://www.pursesitter.com/ (moderate selection, around $18 each)
http://www.hot-hang-ups.com/ (large selection, around $20 each)
http://www.purse-pal.com/ (moderate, higher "quality" selection, $30 - 75 each)
http://www.pursehook.net/ (small selection, $24 to 43 each)
...and other sites - just search for "purse hooks".

I'm still looking for a "suction cup" version for use in most restrooms without hooks - if you find one, let me know where! i know they won't work in ones where the doors are wooden, but in most malls, movie theatres, etc. the doors and or walls are metals or tile and suction cups should work!

Any thoughts on keeping things like this in our lives cleaner - and therefore ourselves and our loved ones as well - please feel free to share them in the comments!

No comments: