Monday, September 29, 2008

A Year in The Life

A co-worker of mine is a great scrapbook maker and has committed to doing a "week in the life" scrapbook project - where she'll be taking pictures, writing notes, etc. for an entire week. Trying to get down the little things that happen in her week. While I think that's very cool, I just don't have the time to commit to do that right now.

However, every year I do make a scrapbook calendar for the great-grandparents and I have a hard time always coming up with good stuff to include. I was inspired by her project to modify my own. And, since Wednesday is the 1st of a month, I think this is a good time to implement it!

So, on the first weekend of each month (or 1st day we have Emily!), I will take a picture of all three kids, separate and together. A family picture if I can get the hubby to agree. Preferably it will be a "seasonal" based picture - like with pumpkins or Christmas decorations or Valentine's etc. Then, I'll try to keep a good calendar/journal of all the activities we do for the month - like in October alone the boys have 3 field trips, 2 Halloween parties, Karate and a host of football games. Emily has soccer, movies with friends, school projects, etc. I've got a work event, Halloween parties, karate, running goals (and my first race!) and other things. Joe of course has football. :-)

Between now and next October, I'll be able to have a good set of photos and notes to create my 'in-depth' calendars for the grandparents for next Christmas (not sure how I'll do THIS year's yet!). A glimpse back at where we were as we plan for where we're going type of thing.

I figure if I can devote just one solid day to this a month, I can get a good calendar/scrapbook out of it. If I can keep it up over several years, how much better will that be! Let me know how you would improve on this idea - suggestions always welcome!! :)

1 comment:

Girly girl said...

Good idea! I have to admit, a week seems easier than a year to me :)