Thursday, September 25, 2008

MY FIRST RACE

I just signed up to do my first "race" - The Jared Coones Pumpkin Run/Walk 5k here in Olathe, KS. It's a 3-mile course that I'm somewhat familiar with as it's in my BF Tina's old neighbordhood, more or less (I think...)

I know I can do 3 miles within an hour easily and hopefully I can push myself to do better than that. But, this adventure will be a good thing for me, no matter how I do. At the very least, I'll get a sense of what participating in a run will be like and what are some of the "To Do / NOT To Do" tips I've read might work for me (or not).


I'm also trying to raise additional funds for this worthy cause along with running in it. If you could contribute to my tiny little goal of $100, I would really appreciate it. Please follow this link to make a pledge now. Any amount will help me meet this goal!! THANKS!

No comments: