Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Alarms for the Addle-Brained Mom

I was randomly searching for something else today and came across these WONDERFUL little gadgets. I believe mom here will need to get one of these little do-dads to encourage my butt to get out of bed before the children. Both are available from Urban Outfitters.

Flying Alarm Clock

This happy do-dad will literally get you out of bed - or drive you insane if you refuse. According to the description, once the alarm goes off, the propeller piece will FLY OFF and run around your room. Doens't sound so bad, right? Wait for it...yes, it's the KEY to turn off the piercing alarm! You must retrieve the propeller and fit it back into the base to shut it up. Gets your body moving and brain thinking - at least enough to not allow return to easy sleep!

The Runner


This happy looking guy will probably tick you off quickly. If you hit snooze two times, he will perform a kamikazi move and JUMP.OFF.YOUR.TABLE! Literally throw himself off the edge and run around your room until you catch him and silence him. He would probably be taking his life into his own wheels should he do this around our cat, but it would get me up for sure - either to shut him up or because I'm laughing WAY to hard.

Got a great do-dad like this? Let me know - I could use ideas to get me up and going every day!

No comments: