Thursday, March 29, 2007

Memphis miracle changes single mom's life

SPECIAL REPORT -- Can a single action by one person change a life or perhaps touch others who don't even know you? It did for a Memphis woman who was out of job and a home. Yet she still made a small church offering that resonated with others in a way no one could have expected.

"I explain it as God's goodness. I don't know what they explain it as. I believe he does supernatural wonders cause I'm one of those supernatural wonders," says Porche Ward.

Porsche Ward, 33, is a single Memphis mom who knows the power of prayer can mean miracles even during the darkest of days.

"My son has asthma and there was just so many things, one after another -- bills, him being sick and me being sick and I just couldn't hold a job. I never wanted a job. I wanted a career and it got to the point when I thought maybe my kids should go live with their father," says Ward.

Times were tough for Porsche -- no job, a sick child, a lot of bills and she'd lost her apartment. But she never lost her faith and her commitment to do her individual part in making a 'small' offering at Cummings Street Missionary Baptist Church.

That offering, unknown to her, would forever change her life in a 'big' way.

Read the article...

No comments: