Thursday, December 02, 2010

Conversations with Kids

RETIREMENT PLAN FROM THOMAS
A recent car conversation went like this...
  • Travis: Do artists make a lot of money?
  • Mom: Sometimes. Depends on what they paint or make.
  • Thomas: Really? That could be good. I like art.
  • Mom: It's a lot of work. And sometimes you don't become famous and people don't buy the art until after you die.
  • (long pause where you could hear the wheels turning in their heads)
  • Thomas: ok, I have it. I'll do a regular job and then when I'm 99 I'll become an artist really fast, get famous cuz I'll die soon and then my grandkids will have lots of money! Everyone should do this!

ACRONYMS WITH TRAVIS
Travis wanted to figure out the meanings to some acronyms that he's heard recently. Here's some of the best 8-year-old answers he gave before we told him the real meanings:
  • SWAT = Sweet Weapons and Tactics (he knows it's Special, but he prefers Sweet)
  • CSI = Criminal Science Animals (yeah, he can't spell very well yet...)
  • NCIS = National Crime In Science
  • CIA = Crimes In America
  • NASA = No Air in Space Association
  • USPS = Daddy's Work!
  • KSU = K-State University (but he couldn't tell us what the K was for...)
Once we explained the K in KSU was for Kansas, we of course asked, "If K is for Kansas, what is KU for?" And this garnered our absolute favorite answer...

KU is for Suckers!

I kid you not, no prep or coercion. He just KNOWS! :)

No comments: